Bridge Cottages are two self-contained, heritage-listed cottages in Richmond, south east Tasmania. Richmond is an historic village, 20 minutes (27 kilometres/17 miles) north east of Hobart.
The conjoined Bridge Cottages were built in 1823 to accommodate the sergeant in charge of the construction of the Richmond Bridge and the Village’s arms store. You can stay in the fully restored cottages – known as the Armoury and the Sergeant’s Quarters - which overlook the Bridge in the centre of the Richmond village.
Each Cottage accommodates two guests - the Armoury has one queen bedroom, and the Sergeant’s Quarters has a double. Both feature a sitting room with cosy open fireplace and country-style kitchen opening to a dining area and sunroom. French doors lead to a garden courtyard, and the cottages also have a laundry with washing machine and dryer and separate bathroom. Complimentary port and chocolates and full breakfast provisions are supplied.
A walk through Richmond will reveal the town’s fine collection of Georgian architecture including the Richmond Bridge (1823), Richmond Gaol (1825), Village Store (1836), St John’s Church (1836) and the Court House (1825) among many others.