Braeside Park is an oasis of parkland nestled amongst golf courses, urban development and busy roads.
This is a great park for a family day out, with an adventure playground to keep the kids happy, barbecues and a picnic area, as well as seven kilometres of easy walking and cycling trails.
Things to see and do
- bring your bike and explore the 7 kilometres of trails
- bring a picnic and use the free electric barbecues, or BYO gas barbecue
- see the old racetrack where the mighty Phar Lap ran in 1930-31
- try to identify different birds in the many wetlands and billabongs
- call in and see the artist at work in the Art School
- play on the award-winning adventure playground
- go on a self-guided trail walk or observe the wildlife from the bird hide and observation decks
- join in a night walk and see the park after dark
Before you go
Conditions can change in parks for many reasons. For the latest information on changes to local conditions, please visit the relevant park page on the Parks Victoria website.
Be bushfire ready in the great outdoors. Refer to the Bushfire Safety section on the Parks Victoria website for tips on how to stay safe.Visit Website
Car park, Picnic Area, Public Toilet, Sheltered Area
Flora/Fauna, Nature based, Wildlife