Brown Magpie Wines is a family owned winery and vineyard in Modewarre, which is situated in the Surf Coast hinterland in the Geelong wine region.
The gently sloping estate overlooks the picturesque view of Mount Moriac. Its small sheltered, nine hectare vineyard is ideally positioned to grow aromatic cool climate grape varieties.
Taking no short cuts and selecting only the best fruit, the grapes are hand-picked and processed within hours of harvesting.
Brown Magpie Wines believe in the traditional art of winemaking. The wine is handcrafted at the on site dedicated winery.
Traditional techniques suited to each variety are used to produce wine of the highest quality.
Brown Magpie Wines only leave the vineyard in the bottle. The love and care taken is to honour the wine and the region, and to deliver special wines for you to discover and enjoy with friends and family.
Recent awards include:
- 2014 Boutique Wine Award - Best in Show - Single Vineyard Pinot Noir 2013
- 2013 Australian Cool Climate Wine Show - Trophy - Best Pinot Noir of Show - Pinot Noir 2012
- 2013 Geelong Wine Show - Best Wine in Show - Single Vineyard Pinot Noir 2012
- 2014 Concours de Vins - Gold - Paraparap Pinot Noir Reserve 2011
- 2014 Royal Melbourne Show - Gold - Single Vineyard Pinot Gris 2014
- 2014 James Halliday - 5 star winery
The Surf Coast and Great Ocean Road hinterland is a treat for all wine and food lovers, abounding with great restaurants, produce and wineries.Visit Website
Access Without Assistance for the Disabled, Public Toilet, Sheltered Area, Toilet facilities for the Disabled
Food and Wine