Bulli Black Diamond Museum Heritage Centre is located at the 1887 State Heritage listed Bulli Railway Station. South Bulli Mine's Number 2 steam locomotive (circa 1888) is on display - used until the early 1960s.
The museum's focus is preserving the 1887 Railway Station buildings, which house a display of local railway and coal-mining heritage, including the old Coal Jetty.
Colonists discovered coal, 'Black Diamond', locally in 1797. 76 years later, in 1863, mining commenced at Old Bulli, site of Australia's second worst disaster in 1887, where 81 perished.
The museum houses a collection of maps and objects relating to local mines and mining life - including heritage photos of Bulli, its old coaching inns (The Denmark), nearby villages (Thirroul, Austinmer et cetera including Sherbrooke).
The Blinkco Family Room shows social history, with contents from the Blinkco's Woonona home. School children enjoy comparing life in the 1930s to theirs today.Visit Website
Bicycle Rack, Car park, Guide, Public Telephone, Public Toilet
Educational Tourism, Historic/Heritage, Industry/Mining/Agriculture