Centenary Park has the gold discovery monuments, picnic tables, gas barbecues and is always cool and shady. Centenary Park also has an interesting history tied to the park. The area was first gazetted as Reserve for Public Purposes in 1888. In 1941 the last gazette Order in Council set aside the area as a Reserve for Park Purposes and named it "Sayers Park" after Robert John Sayers.
From the City's very early days, the Park was called "Harvey's Reserve", no doubt because Joseph Harvey, a local butcher built and lived in "Tower Villa", an old Queenslander style home that still faces out over the north east corner of the Reserve. During 1972 the Park was re-named “Centenary Oval” as part of the City’s centenary celebrations. The 1941 naming had mostly been forgotten by this time, although “Harvey’s Reserve” is still the name used by older Cricketers.Visit Website
Access Without Assistance for the Disabled, BBQ Facilities, Car park, Coach Parking, Picnic Area, Public Toilet, Shaded Area, Sheltered Area