Walk to Centenary Tower, 190 metres above sea level for spectacular views of the lakes, the city and the beautiful countryside. Opened in 1904, the tower includes an extensive display of early photographs of the Lakes area.
The foundation stone for the tower was laid on 3 December 1900, to commemorate the 100 years since Mount Gambier was sighted and named by Lieutenant James Grant aboard HMS Lady Nelson on 3 December 2000, two plaques in the Tower car park were unveiled to commemorate the Bicentenary and the refurbishment of the Tower which is open when the flag is flying.
Illuminated at night, the tower can be seen from many points in the city and surrounding district and due to its elevation; the tower is used by fire spotters during summer months.Visit Website
Car park, Coach Parking, Viewing Platform