Set in tall, shady eucalypt forest, Mount Samaria State Park offers a cool and quiet retreat for beautiful walks, camping and picnicking. The Mount Samaria range incorporates a variety of scenery with spectacular vistas over the Victorian Alps, granite outcrops, high waterfalls and historic remains. Explore the park by foot, mountain bike or scenic drive and discover its tranquillity and beauty.
Things to do
- A range of camping and picnic areas, walking tracks and lookouts provide the visitor with many opportunities to experience this semi-remote park
- During the spring and early summer the forest is alive with brilliant displays of wildflowers
- Year-round, it provides a haven for an array of birds and wildlife and is ideal for nature observation and photography
- The high altitude of the park provides spectacular views from Mount Samaria Summit, Rocky Point Lookout and Wild Dog Falls
- Historic remains at Samaria Well, Spring Creek Sawmill, the timber tramway and braking station reflect past practices
- A range of walking tracks cater for walkers of all abilities with opportunites for short walks through to full day and overnight hikes
Before you go
Conditions can change in parks for many reasons. For the latest information on changes to local conditions, please visit the relevant park page on the Parks Victoria website.
Be bushfire ready in the great outdoors. Refer to the Bushfire Safety section on the Parks Victoria website for tips on how to stay safe.Visit Website
Picnic Area, Public Toilet
Birdwatching, Bushwalking, Camping, Self-Guided
Flora/Fauna, Nature based, Wildlife