Actor/Artist Max Cullen and artist Margarita Georgiadis have occupied The Coronation Theatre (circa 1937) in Gunning since 2004. Renamed The Picture House, The Coronation Theatre ceased showing movies in the mid 1960s and was abandoned, nearly derelict before Max and Margarita set to work renovating it into what is now a shining landmark of cultural and artistic enjoyment.
The Picturehouse Art Gallery represents local, emerging and established artists. Their aim is to bring quality contemporary art to the Southern Tablelands, where visitors and locals alike can enjoy the opportunity to view art either on their way between Sydney, Canberra and Melbourne, or in their own backyard. The gallery and bookshop comprise of two levels, with more art and books available upstairs in the old theatre projection room.Visit Website