Nestled in the Christmas Hills, Sugarloaf is a tranquil setting for a picnic or a stroll near the reservoir shores, offering wonderful views across the water. For the more energetic, there is a 15km walk that circumnavigates the reservoir.
Things to see and do
- Have a picnic at Ironbark Ridge or Saddle Dam Picnic Areas overlooking the reservoir.
- Try shoreline fishing for rainbow trout, brown trout, redfin, roach or European carp.
- See the eastern grey kangaroos or black-tailed wallabies that live throughout the park.
- Take a walk along one of the tracks in and around the park including the lronbark, Chris Phillips and Sugarloaf Walking Tracks.
- Sailing at Sugarloaf is an enjoyable and exhilarating recreational pursuit. Visitors are permitted to launch appropriate watercraft from the Sugarloaf Sailing and Boating Club only. Launching facilities are available to visitors on Sundays and public holidays by calling the club on (03) 9730 1885. A launching fee may be charged.
- If you are keen to walk the entire 18kilometre main Sugarloaf Walking Track you must contact the ranger to register on (03) 9844 2659. Please keep to the tracks and comply with park closing times.
Before you go
Conditions can change in parks for many reasons. For the latest information on changes to local conditions, please visit the relevant park page on the Parks Victoria website.
Be bushfire ready in the great outdoors. Refer to the Bushfire Safety section on the Parks Victoria website for tips on how to stay safe.Visit Website
Picnic Area, Public Toilet
Flora/Fauna, Nature based, Wildlife