Built in 1928, The Butter Factory Theatre, Wodonga was formerly an operating dairy set amongst the bushland of Gateway Island on the banks of the Murray River. In 1997 the building was transformed into a professional theatre venue, becoming the performance home of HotHouse Theatre.
When not in use for HotHouse Theatre's subscription season and associated activities, the Theatre is available to hire for a wide variety of events.
The Theatre itself is a studio-style black box with a sprung wooden floor. The auditorium features a raked seating bank accommodating 162 patrons. It's a warm and intimate performance space, popular with performers and audiences alike.
A standard theatre hire package features:
- A versatile lighting rig with extensive lighting stock
- Professional audio system
- Additional lighting and AV equipment as available
- Three dressing rooms complete with washing facilities
- A full complement of professional technical and front of house staff who will ensure the highest
- Standard of service for your event; and
- A complete box office and ticketing service
The less formal Studio space is also available for hire. It's frequently utilised for smaller scale events - rehearsals, meetings, tailored private functions, and launches.
The theatre's foyer is a pre-show and event hub with its unique charm, relaxed atmosphere and a bar that boasts a fine selection of local premium wines, beers and beverages. A range of professional catering options is also available upon request.
Managed by HotHouse Theatre on behalf of City of Wodonga.Visit Website
Access With Assistance for the Disabled, BBQ Facilities, Coach Parking, Conference/Convention Facilities, First aid equipment, Non Smoking Establishment, Parking for the Disabled, Public Telephone, Public Toilet, Shaded Area
Art and Craft