The Wentworth Wharf was originally built in 1879 using local timber and was a major landmark of the town - a hive of industry. Boats, large and small were to become a 'way of life' in the town on the junction of the Darling and Murray Rivers. Throughout the riverboat era Wentworth was the busiest inland port within NSW (third busiest port after Sydney and Newcastle). During one week 31 steamers were docked at the wharf.
The original wharf deteriorated and was demolished in 1983. A replica was built (including the little customs office) and now stands in its place.Visit Website