Coutts Crossing is a small town located halfway between Grafton and Nymboida along the Armidale to Grafton Road. Coutts Crossing was named after Thomas Coutts who acquired Kangaroo Creek Station in 1840. The town is a great spot to rest from travel with a hotel, tennis courts, nine-hole golf course and an historical museum. Swim at one its swimming holes on the Orara River at MacPherson’s crossing or the rapids near Skinners Swamp. The open pastoral land around Coutts Crossing is home to cattle, geese, turkeys and peacocks that roam freely.
Coutts Crossing Australia