Gostwyck refers to Gostwyck Station, a grazing property which has been owned by the same family since its establishment in 1834.
The Chapel was built in 1921 in memoriam to the owner, Clive Dangar, who gave his life in World War One. The furnishings, ornaments and accessories in the chapel were all presented by the immediate family or close friends.
The Chapel is surrounded by 200 elm trees, which make a super backdrop in autumn when all the leaves turn golden and the Boston ivy on the chapel turns bright red for about a two week period.
Close by is the Deeargee Woolshed some 200 metres further east over the little bridge and up the rise. Built in 1872 it is an amazing octagonal with a long storage area attached. Most unusual in shape, it has been copied over the years, in one form or another elsewhere.