Coolac

  • Coolac, originally home to the Wirradjuri People, was first settled by Europeans in the 1830s. A number of buildings, created between 1850 to 1880 from local stone still stand in the village, including the three original hotels known as the Beehive, Coolac and Junction Hotels, the police station, and two churches, St Judes Anglican and St Peters Catholic. Situated some "nine miles from Gundagai", it is arguable that the bank of the Muttama Creek at Coolac was the original site of the 'legendary' Dog on the Tuckerbox tale, as opposed to those who argue for the "five mile" theory. The

Coolac Australia

Get Featured on About Australia